Honeymoon packages in Zanzibar, off the coast of Tanzania, will provide every romantic couple with a plethora of options. The name itself conjures up images of magic, mystery, and blissful beauty. When you have your partner by your side to admire the pristine, crystal-clear waters, pearl-white sand, and swaying palm trees of the island, it feels like a dream. Those who have spent their honeymoon in Zanzibar say it is the stuff of dreams.
A little about Zanzibar
The beautiful island of Zanzibar, also known as the “Spice Island,” is an incredible mix of culture, history, and white-sand beaches. The island is about 90 kilometres long and 40 kilometres wide, and it is made up of many small islands as well as two large islands, Pemba and Unguja.
The best time to enjoy honeymoon packages in Zanzibar is between June and October when the weather is cool and dry. Another excellent time to visit Zanzibar is from December to February when the weather is warm and dry. Honeymoon packages in Zanzibar during these times of the year mean sun-drenched shores and the most beautiful sunsets. Travelling to Zanzibar from mid-March to late May is not advised due to heavy rainfall.
Highlights of Honeymoon Packages in Zanzibar
- The memories you make with one of our honeymoon packages in Zanzibar will last a lifetime. Couples can swim with dolphins off the coast of Ras Kizimkazi, or take a scuba diving course together. Additionally, they can enjoy a sumptuous candlelit meal in the ethereal ruins of Mtoni Palace, or embark on a sunset dhow cruise and sip cocktails with their toes in the sea.
- A boat trip of some kind is a must with honeymoon packages in Zanzibar, and few things are more romantic than a couple’s dhow for the day. On a Zanzibar luxury honeymoon, couples can visit remote tidal sandbars and snorkel in pristine coral bays. The more upscale lodges will frequently provide their dhows for guests to use.
- On the white sands of this island getaway, honeymoon couples can head to a quiet beach, sit on a sunset deck, and enjoy a moonlit dinner. Zanzibar boasts a lot of classic romance — the most difficult part will be deciding which activities to include when booking honeymoon packages in Zanzibar.
- Another amazing activity is an experience in the wildlife haven of the Jozani Forest to see the rare indigenous Red Colobus monkey or join the many Stone Town residents for a sunset stroll through the refurbished Forodhani Gardens.
- On a warm afternoon, romance will bloom as couples stroll the narrow, shaded streets of Stone Town’s capital city. They can listen to the call to prayer from one of the city’s 50 mosques as the aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove fill the air.
Check out our holiday packages or call us for more information.